June 4, 2007

I'm one lucky woman

Dave can cook.
Well....cookies at least. Other items I have yet to see the results of.

But I have to give him credit where credit is due, he can bake a mean batch of cookies. Tonight after the luncheon for Delaney's blessing Dave and I went to Johns house to hang out with the usual group. Ashley mentioned she had a cookie mix, and it was all over (previous posts refer to Dave's love of cookies, and this is the proof). Ashley didn't have butter, so after a quick run by the Moore household for some butter stealing I sat at the bar, roamed the Internet and Dave and Ashley (but mostly Dave) made the cookies.
After a slight run in with the kitchen towel as a make-shift baking mitt and some flames that were quickly put out, Dave had some nice cookies.


Wanna hear the icing on the cake? He cleaned up. And I mean a good thorough clean up with dish soap, washing of the cookie sheets, drying and all.

Even though I know he was avoiding playing games (which just goes to show how much he loathes games) he did a wonderful job at impressing me. Just another reason why I can't wait to marry him!


P.S...I had to capture Seth riding the antique exercise bike. Classic.

3 comments:

Katie Jackman said...

cookies. Who knew. Just one more hidden talent. Thanks again for coming to the blessing yesterday. It was so nice to have you there.

King Klan said...

MMMM! I am on the wagon with Dave and Randy I love COOKIES! Lucky you that he will make them.

Grace Ryan said...

WOW! Dave is going to be a great husband! He already knows how to help clean? Clean after he bakes? That's adorable and unreal! Wow, Sarah, tell him how much you appreciate that so he knows what he did was a good thing so he keeps it up. Aunt Jill did a good job teaching him how to clean. You two are adorable. We for sure need to meet up next time I'm down in a couple weeks. Maybe at the condo?