June 5, 2007

I can have my cake and eat it too!

So the time has come to taste cakes. I've been making appointments, and I have three on the books. One at The Great Dane Baking Co. in Huntington Beach, another at Pastries by Nancy in Uptown Whittier, and Michelle's Cake House in La Habra. I'm pretty excited. The only other one I want to visit is Rockwells Creative Cakes in Orange. Check them out and let me know. Their designs look the best, but I couldn't save their pictures to post :( Oh well. I'm toying with the idea of chocolate frosting with teal ribbon. What do you think? I'm also trying to decide round or square? Or two square on bottom, two round on top. A design like dots or swirls? White frosting with brown ribbon and teal dots?? SO MANY CHOICES!!
Here's a few ideas...let me know what you think!







































7 comments:

Katie Dunn said...

So I was just reading your blog through Jillians and I am so excited for you! Since we have been living in Orange County we have a Rockwells right by us and we go there all the time! There cake is sooooo good and any time we have parties we always go there...anyways hope everything goes good with the wedding!

King Klan said...

ok i love the third one with the squares and circles. I like the idea of choc frosting and teal ribbon so maybe a combo of both those that my vote. let me know a time on sat.

jillian said...

i like the bottom 2 ones the best!

Katie Jackman said...

The top one is pretty, but i like the idea of adding some more color to your cake. Here's where you can really show off how cute your wedding colors look together.

Unknown said...

JUst dont make it look like a birthday cake with all sorts of dots and things. Keep it simple and nice. I dont necessarily want a Circus Wedding. Hahah!

Sarah said...

Well FYI Dave, most wedding cakes have a design. Dots, swirls, frosting roses or another flower (which i won't do) etc. But give me some credit...there won't be anything circus-y.

Unknown said...

Ok, you have good taste. SO i am not worried!! Everything has been amazing so far!