September 3, 2011

A taste of heaven

Sometime in the last two years, I was introduced to the yummiest little cookies I'd tasted in a while. Our friend Lauren Woffinden and her SIL Marsha made them and brought them to our house for a BBQ. I was in L.O.V.E. and for 2 reasons.

1. They were chewy, tasty, sweet little bites of deliciousness.
and
B. I found out they were super simple to make!

So, whenever I find myself with some extra strawberries, I turn to this recipe.
I highly suggest you do the same!

The cookies:
1 box of Devils Food cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil

That's it, you may ask? Yes ma'am. That is it. Pure and simple. Chocolaty and chewy.

Mix those 3 ingredients together. The consistency will be thick.
Roll into balls and bake at 350 for 5-8 minutes or so. I gauge the done-ness by the cookies cracking a little. I also press them slightly flat with the spatula while they're still hot and on the cookie sheet (makes them easier to frost)
Please don't mind the two missing cookies. Quality control...
and I find it better to undercook them and then let them sit for a bit than to overcook. (Undercooking makes them more chewy and they keep longer)

The Frosting:
Found here
Yes folks, it's the Sprinkles Strawberry frosting recipe...and it's amazing on these little bites of heaven.
I always end up with too much frosting.
So you can double the cookie batch by using 2 cake mixes, or make some cupcakes on the side and frost away!

And while you frost, your husband can re-seed your dying grass while your dog watches.
After you're done, you can both enjoy a piece of heaven. Shoot, you can even give your dog one if you're feeling generous...

1 comments:

La said...

you are making me want some so bad right now!!