September 17, 2011

my thankful list {2nd ed.}

While the baby is napping, I wanted to take a few quiet moments to show my appreciation for things in my life. This past Thursday, Dave and I celebrated 4 years of wedded bliss. Ok, ok. I'll be real. It hasn't all been blissful. There have been disagreements, job losses, hard decisions, long awaited decisions, ups, downs, and in-betweens. There have been lots of blissful moments too though. Honeymooning, buying our home, deciding to start a family, welcoming Shelby into our lives, nights at home doing nothing, scenic drives to nowhere, in depth conversations and more. I am now, more than ever, grateful for him, all he does and the relationship we have created and continue to grow.
Here's some things I discovered about Dave through the years...

He's a mean BBQer

exceptional cookie baker...

and a precise present wrapper

He enjoys relaxing...

 and being one with wild animals.

He knows how to party!

and how to shoot.

 He's a good brother and son

a fun uncle

 a wonderful Dad

and the man I get to celebrate anniversaries with

So here's my 2nd edition of what I'm thankful for:

1. Being an eternal family.
2. The importance to Dave of my staying home to raise our children.
3. My Mom and our almost daily conversations.
4. Good friends (who will spend their Sat. plating palm trees in our backyard...eh hem Aaron...)
5. Uninterrupted showers. Of which I've had 4 this week!
6. The Cheesecake Factory. Hands down one of our favorite places to eat!
7. The cooler weather the past two days! It feels like fall, for the moment at least.
8. Having a washer/dryer at my home. The days of apartment living are not forgotten, and weren't easy.
9. Living in a wonderful ward with great people (church-speak for the non-mormons).
10. My new sunglasses and Tory Burch flats. SO excited!

0 comments: