March 9, 2009

It's back!!


It's back!!

I love Dancing with the Stars! I only wish Ashley was here so we could go to the taping again...and maybe get on TV again! For those of you who don't know the story, back in 2006 Ash got tickets to the taping, so we dolled ourselves up and went down there. We had so much fun!
We saw Ron Jeremy there. He walked by, and I looked at the 50+ year old man next to me and was like "was that?..." and he just looked at me and said "Yup. Ron Jeremy". I didn't realize until after that it was kinda gross that he knew!

Anyways, on a commercial break the producer people came by and handed out these tickets to people they wanted to comment about the show after the taping was over. So we took them! In line we realized that it was totally scripted. They gave you a few choices of "hot topics" from the night to talk about. Our season had Jerry Springer and a football pro. So i went to class that night, and sometime in the middle of class my phone starts ringing from all these people. I answered and an old friend Kyle says, "You're on TV!!" and then, "you're on again!" I was totally stoked. It holds a special place in my heart because at that time, Dave and I were talking and I told him to watch for me. The twist was that we had never met (we're internet matchmaking at it's finest). So Dave saw me "live" on TV for the first time ever that night!! Good memories!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, good times! Remember when we were taking pics outside and John yelled for us and we were looking at each other like "Oh! No....what did we do?!" I think the convo went something like - "Girls, if there is any cat calling, I need to know about it! It is unacceptable in our workplace!"

Sarah said...

haha!!! i totally forgot about that, but you're totally right!! awesome!

Abby said...

Woah, either I forgot you and Dave met through the internet or I never knew, but that's such a great story that the first time he "saw you" was on tv! I'm excited for this season b/c of Shawn Johnson and Melissa:)

Michelle Campbell said...

What a cool story Sarah! Sounds like a total blast!

Ashley said...

Your wish has come true! We're going! We're going! See you in a few hours!!