March 16, 2009

.I'm so excited & I just can't hide it.

After a weekend and a Monday of hard work, numerous trips to Lowes, alot of swiffering, three loads of laundry in my own washer and dryer, and countless trips up and down stairs...our house has really turned into a home. We lucked out last night & scored an appointment to have the dish cable guy come this morning and switch our service, we found 2 inch blinds at lowes that were ready to install, and Dave did. Hording gift cards from birthdays and holidays has totally paid off, because we have really been lucky enough to not spend much out of pocket to get things we need and want. Tonight Randy came with Katie and the girls and installed a new thermostat (WOO HOO!) and now we have heat that keeps itself regulated and has a cute blue LED screen too! Last night my parents came over and hung out with us. My mom & I took a walk around the neighborhood looking at landscaping and talking about what to do with our yard. It was great to see them!
Here's a little peek...
.kitchen.

.family room.

.master.bath.

.living.room.

Everything still needs some decorating. Pictures need to be hung, accessories need to be bought, and i still need some pieces of furniture. But we're well under way!

8 comments:

Brittany Webster said...

I love it! It is sooo nice! The kitchen and bathroom look brand new! I am so happy for you - your own house, that is awesome! It looks cute! Great job so far!

Unknown said...

Holy cow guys! We're on our way for a visit!

Katie Jackman said...

Looks great. Even better in real life. Congrats!!!!

jessenpetty said...

It looks so beautiful guys!! We love you and are so excited about your new home!! Congratulations!

Abby said...

Awesome! I love the kitchen...I can't wait to have a big-enough pretty kitchen someday. Congrats:)

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

You guys really lucked out. It looks great! I really like the kitchen!!! Congrats!!

La said...

so so so cute! great kitchen. (that is how i judge a house after all.)

Sarah said...

Dave agrees with everyone. The kitchen is his favorite. He says "people buy houses for the kitchens." haha