March 19, 2009

Home Improvement

I used to listen to homeowners when they would comment on how all their money went into their house, and how they spent whole weekends doing improvement projects and think "hmmm...will that really be me? I think I prefer spending money on ME". I was wrong. They were all right. It's barely been 6 days and already we've started lists, completed some projects, and started others. I have a mental list of all that we want to do, and really, there isn't enough time in the day!! So far Dave has been such a handy husband! I am so lucky that he works so hard and has the same goals as me to make this place our own!

This week we (he) has:

Helped Randy install a new thermostat


Replaced our old master toilet with a new one


Hooked up our bedroom cable to his desktop screen for TV in bed until we get a real TV

And as I type he is taking the wood panels from our fridge...



...and sanding them down to stain them to match the kitchen cabinets.

Yay for projects! And yay for a hard working husband!

(As i blog and get ready to read my book...haha)

4 comments:

Brittany Webster said...

We move back the last weekend in April! We are so excited and yes we must hang out to meet and so I can see your new house!

Lindsey and Ben said...

I cannot wait to come and see your house! I am so excited for you both! It is so fun to move into a new place!

Lauren said...

I'm so excited for you guys! David and Les said they were over last night and it looked great! I can hardly wait to see it! Congrats!

susy and martin said...

Congratulations on your new house!
I like the colors you picked. Your house looks great. House decorating could be so much fun (when it's your own house). We're really happy for you guys!