September 23, 2009

Well, hello lovely

Can i just start with this...
I am SO excited!
I have been wanting to get a brown leather sofa for our family room since we moved in. I've looked, casually, for one off and on. I was on craigslist this weekend, and happened upon a listing. It was pretty much one line. So I saved the listing. And went back to look at it like 10 times that day and the next. After an email to the owner, and some impulsiveness on my part, Dave and I drove down to Newport Beach. The people's house was totally awesome, modern with dark hardwood floors. Well, short story long...meet my new sofa!

Now i'm going Google crazy. Rugs, pillows, thinking lamps, frames, and coffee tables, but especially pairing the sofa with some chairs. I ideally want to find some wingback chairs and get them re-upholstered. Something like this...

or this...

From Pottery Barn

with some awesome patterned pillows...
Oh my gosh, i have to stop, i'm getting too overwhelmed!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Uhh,luckily we are out of money and you cant buy any more great stuff! Good catch on the couch though. It is awesome and I love it!! See you at the Empinada place tonight!!

Brittany Webster said...

Love it, Love it, Love it! And those side chairs would be perf! Can't wait to see the final product. What a great couch!

socal smitties said...

love it...esp the bigger pattern