July 29, 2007

I'm sorry...

I have been a horrible blogger! I really didn't think my life would get so busy once I started working full time...but it has. Well, I wont waste time, here's the update:


1. I got an apartment! It's in Orange, by CHOC hospital and Main Place Mall (yippee!). I move in August 4th (next weekend!) It's a cute place, 1 bed 1 bath, and it even has plantation wood blinds instead of those dingy mini-blinds I feared we'd end up with. Its in our price range too, and its still local. I'm going to live there for the first month and then when Dave and I get married he'll move on in. I'm excited, but pretty nervous. This is a big step in our lives, and I'm moving out of my parents house after 24 years!


2. I started my new job. It's been interesting...not quite what I'd hoped for though. I'm an assistant site supervisor, but two locations have merged together for the summer, so we have 3 assistants under one site, which makes for a bit of a crowded atmosphere. I'll be moving back to our home site the first week in Sept. and another assistant and I will run that site, so I'll have more opportunities to get trained and really get into my job description. But so far I've met some cool people, and had some fun times....And I can't really complain, cause the paychecks are nice!


3. The wedding invites are done (minus a few stragglers) but over 500 are pretty much ready to go! Tonight we'll have a stuffing party, and then in the mail tomorrow they go!


Lets see, I have some pictures too. A few weekends ago a group of our friends went to Hollywood to see a movie. In a cemetery. It was so fun! Hollywood Forever Cemetery projects movies onto a huge wall in the middle of an empty lawn on Saturday nights in the summer, and SO MANY people show up. It looked like a crowded day at Disneyland with all the people. You can bring blankets and dinner and they have DJ's spinning before the movie starts. We watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", which I'd never seen. It was a cool night! They're showing their annual presentation of Pee Wee's Big Adventure next weekend, so I think most everyone wants to go back.


We had to park blocks away and walk a bit to get there...





We got a little bored before the movie started...and with Seth around, things get silly...

4 comments:

King Klan said...

sound fun- movies
i want to see your place when i get back sorry i wont be able to help you move.

Sarah said...

It's ok. I have about three things to move. 1. A bed 2. A fridge (maybe) and 3. A dresser
hahahaha!

Katie Jackman said...

I know, I wish I could help you move also, but we are moving on the same day! I want to see your place.

Katie Jackman said...

We miss you very much! I'm having Sarah withdrawls. No one to listen to my ramblings!