July 8, 2007

Go Baby Go!

My home ward had a Pinewood Derby on Friday night, and my dad made his very first derby car! I'll admit, I was kind of skeptical as to how his would turn out because he seemed pretty clueless about what he was supposed to do...BUT apparently he did something right!

He spent a whole day working on it in the garage, going to the store to buy paint, which compared to others in the competition was a bold color choice, and even carefully pressing on decals (the "Caribbean Blue" car above is his).

Dave and I went to support my Mom, who was racing his car for him because after ALL his work and excitement, he was delayed at work and couldn't make it in time. I don't think I've seen my mom that excited in a while. I'm talking clapping, occasionally jumping up and down, and even yelling out a few loud 'YEAH's'!
It was fun, and the whole time Dave sat next to me talking about how his will be awesome next year, and when we have kids, the Anderson Family will have the best derby cars around. I love that he loves stuff like this.

Oh...I almost forgot....
"The Blue Bomb", as my Dad named it,
got third in the 'outlaw' class, and 2nd in the stock class.

1 comments:

King Klan said...

yeah for the blue machine! it was a fun night. i remember sitting and talk to adam about future kids ahh memories.