July 7, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a great fourth of July. I really like this holiday because its so relaxing. Lounging around, throw some stuff on the BBQ, lounge some more, and watch fireworks. I also love it cause it means summer's here. The weather is nice, you can swim, get tan, or go to the beach, it stays light later, and it's warm in the evening when the festivities begin!
This 4th I went to San Clemente to spend the day with the Anderson family. We ate some breakfast, watched some of the Project Runway marathon, went to see the new movie License to Wed, then continued to watch Project Runway.

Dave's friend Brandon and their family friends the Lundquist's came over, we BBQ-ed, layed around, and played Scategories. They set off fireworks from the pier in San Clemente, so we sat on the balcony and watched the show. Besides the lack of breeze to blow away the smoke, it was a good show!

We topped off the night with watching the patriot...which totally made me cry...I mean, how sad that Mel Gibson looses two sons AND they burn down the church filled with people!! But it all ended well when I fell asleep to the sound of the ocean outside the door.
Thursday Rachel and I woke up late, ate breakfast, watched Mister Rogers Neighborhood...(which totally took me back to my childhood! I realized he's a little odd, the way he sings and tells the kids how amazingly special they each are to him...but It still was a blast from the past to see him change sweaters and watch the trolley some into the living room.)
In the afternoon Rachel, Dave's mom and I went to the Carlsbad outlets...which was almost torturous. In the name of marriage and efforts to become debt free I passed up a fabulous Coach hobo purse on sale with an additional 30% off, an adorable pair of Nine West flats, and walked past many a store I would have loved to check out.
Now that's control!

1 comments:

King Klan said...

It was great seeing you yesterday. i think its funny that your list of were you wait your time is getting long since you stopped working