August 21, 2009

Vive la France!

Our second stop on the cruise was La Havre, France. Of course, with Paris being less than 2 hours away, thats where we spent our day! With only one day, and a limited amount of hours, we had to try to cram as much as we could into what time we had. SO, like all good tourists, we took the double decker red bus around the city. We hopped off and on thru the day, and were able to see more than I had expected to see. I have to go back here someday. There was so much to take in! My favorite part: the Eiffel Tower. I was just amazed! I think Les got a picture of me "taking it all in so I could remember".
I'll show you our day in photos, because it's much more fun than reading...and i don't feel like typing all the details. But in 2 words, overwhelmingly amazing!
(oh, and if you notice no Dave, it's because while we were in Paris, Kevin, Mike and Dave were at Normandy. Which maybe he can guest post about? haha...yeaaaah riiight!)


[THE.tower]


[on.the.red.bus]

[arc.de.triomphe]

[relaxing.on.the.tour]

[lunch.at.a.little.sidewalk.cafe]


[the.louvre.and.the.fam]


[sister.in.laws!]


[notre.dame]
didn't get to go in. next time!
[randoms]


[baby.takes.eiffel.tower]


[the.opera]

There are alot more pictures, that the family has, that I don't have copies of yet. So i'll have a "best of" post later!

Out of our trip, there are two places i want to go back to.
1. Paris.

2. Rome (which you'll have to wait to see!)

Stay tuned for: Spain!

4 comments:

Whitney Palmer said...

Wow! Ive been to all these places! It brings back so many great memories! and notre dame inside is the most beautiful thing ive ever seen!

whitney

Sarah said...

ahh, I SO wish we had the time to have gone into Notre Dame! I was kicking myself for missing out on that. I guess it gives me something to go back for!!

Ashley said...

I went to mass at Notre Dame. Didn't understand a thing as it was in Latin (not that I would have understood the French either...ahah). Did you climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower?

Sarah said...

How awesome would mass be...even with the language barrier! In Rome we went to St. Peters Basilica, and saw a mass going on there with a cardinal conducting it. That was cool! I didn't get to go to the top of the tower. The line wound all around the base and would have taken hours to get thru. We only had like 5 hours in the city before our bus went back to the ship. I'll put that on my "next time" list too! It was like a tease! lol. But now I know what I have to go back for!