May 9, 2009

hand.me.downs.

dave & i went to my grandmas house in Temecula yesterday. it was bitter.sweet. Grandma isn't living there anymore, and my mom & aunt chrissy were there to sort through everything and clean it out before they sell it. i was able to see if there was anything i wanted...so after looking around i chose this...

[the bottom]

[the top]

it will take some work. painting and new hardware are in the plans. i'm thinking white? it has great bones, and i just couldn't bear to leave the house without something to remember my grandparents by. i think it was a good choice. my grandma told my mom she was sad to not be able to take it when she moved because back in the day when grandpa and her bought it "they knew they had made it" {smile}

dave and i also grabbed the gas fireplace log. dave was so stoked! those bad boys aren't cheap, and it was something we just didn't want to shell out money for.
final thoughts: pleased with my take-aways.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!!!! I am so jealous. The lawn mower looks good too. Um, I am not coming over if you don't get band aids......

Katie Jackman said...

That's a nice piece of furniture. Now everytimr you see it, you will be reminded of your sweet Grandma.