August 11, 2011

One month already?

I can't believe it's been one whole month since this little lady came into our lives. Of course I had to showcase some of the people who love her lots...her family! She is one loved little girl. And we are two lucky parents.





Of course life since Shelby has come into our home has been different, but in a great way. Yes, less sleep is taxing, and the tummy aches and crying that recently started can be hard to get through, but that adorable face, chubby cheeks and big eyes make it all worthwhile! And right now, she is (thank goodness!) sleeping in her swing, on full vibration to the sound of rain with birds chirping. Whatever works, right? We have yet to master the art of napping. Although she desperately needs them, she wakes up so quickly if i put her in her crib during the day. Night time: no biggie. She even slept 5 hours straight last night. But daytime...apparently that's a whole different matter.

I have recovered really well. The whole process was SO much better, and can I even say, easier, than I had imagined? Of course my pain meds were very helpful for a week or two! My wonderful Mom came and stayed for the week after we came home. She was SUCH a pleasure to have around! She made coping with my new reality easier. Not to mention she cleaned, did laundry, let me nap and made my meals! I'm wondering if she wants to come back and stay again, just for kicks?!
After being cooped up in the hospital before and for her birth, getting out and about was something I had been looking forward to for a month. I am glad to say we are now out on the town, have gone to the RSM beach club, Dr. appointments, had lunch with Daddy, and made a good handful of Target trips already. Now if I can only catch a break from some crying to throw in some laundry and do my hair. Welcome to Mommyhood i guess!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is just darling! I am so glad you guys are adjusting so well. I love love love being a mommy it's so fun! She has the prettiest lips and I love those cheeks!

Brittany Webster said...

Awww she is adorable! I love the photos of her! So happy to hear you are getting out a little bit! She is a doll!