August 8, 2010

Wanna get away

Dave and I talk about going places quite often.
Recent conversations have included:
New York (after my trip and the need to share its awesomeness with Dave!)
Chicago (to see his mission stomping ground and check out the windy city)
San Francisco (because I've never been and have always wanted to go)
A cruise. To anywhere. Because we love cruising that much.
And recently, Washington D.C.

I always get a little excited, so I search the airline websites and check fares, look up hotels (checking for the cheapest places to try to persuade Dave we should go). I even look at the calendar to try to find what works with our schedules and non-conflicting dates.
But it all ends there. We never book flights. We don't commit to anything.

Don't get me wrong, we travel. Some may say more than the normal, given our Europe, New York, and Alaska destinations over the last year. BUT, those were family trips. Fantastic vacations, but different than taking off just the two of us.

I would like to commit! I want to get away. Just us. Of course we will probably spend time with friends, maybe even see some family. So I'm going to use my blog like people use a "vision board"? Maybe it will become reality!

6 comments:

Josh & Jennifer said...

My vote is just be spontaneous and just book a fun get-a-way trip. Even if you head up to Santa Barbara for a weekend that counts. Can't wait to hear about the REAL trip. =)

Abby said...

What are you waiting for? Book those D.C. tickets now! We have a queen sized air mattress with your name on it (not as nice as the guest room you offered us, but it's the best we can do:)

Seriously though, we are already planning on you, so there's no backing out now.

Abby said...

Sorry for the double comment, but I wanted to add that NYC is only a four hour drive from us too, so you could probably check that one off the list at the same time!

K+C=M+K said...

well kirk and i are booking a trip ti maui at the end of october if you guys wanna come!!

Sarah said...

Look at all my fellow traveling friends weighing in! I love it!

Abby: Dave told me last night..."It's not a maybe. We ARE going." :)

whitney johnson said...

I've been trying to convince Aaron we should go on a Caribbean cruise...I don't think he's sold on the idea yet, but how fun would that be if we all went together?! We need to start putting the pressure on Aaron! :) P.S. I'm home now and Aaron gets back on Friday--let's hang out soon!