Well, another month, another blog post! In having some conversations with fellow mommies, we got to talking about how at the end of the day, only yourself and your husband can agree about how adorable/cute/irresistible/funny/kissable/ or delectable(Katie's words) your child is. Such a true statement! So my apologies to those of you who may roll your eyes at my progress post. Well, not so much apologies, just a warning, lots of love to be had for this little girl!
8 month Shelby:
- Still no teeth. A few false alarms that turned out to just be fussy days.
- Rolling has turned into a push-up and backwards scoot.
- The sippy cup made it's debut. Even though you haven't grasped the "suck" concept in entirety, it can hold your attention for a while.
- You are completely weaned. The bottle is your only source of hydration. Makes things much easier on both of us.
- Morning walks with Gunner are a fun time for you. He licks your toes/face/hands, you giggle, and then fall asleep by the time we're home.
- We took our first ride on a swing. You LOVED it!
- Dr. Johnson mentioned your pincer grasp coming into play this month. It has, you pick up the puffs and put them to your mouth. Too bad they all fall out after that.
- Six-o-clock Shelby isn't too bad anymore. We've learned to tame the beast.
- You sit up all by yourself in the shopping cart now. Plus side, you are more occupied. Downside, you have an amazing ability to reach for things on shelves and grab stuff from the cart and drop it on the floor.
- The bald patch on the back of your head is finally growing in!
- "Dadada" and "babababa" are your favorite sounds. (Dad is so proud, thinking your calling him, not me).
- An ear piercing scream has emerged. It's really loud. Not my favorite sound.
- You have found the fun that is balloons. Pulling on their strings brings you much joy.
Happy 8 months!