September 21, 2010

Fall & crock pot mishap

I didn't ruin dinner.
My crock pot did.
This is the second dinner that it has ruined. I think that either
A. It doesn't work right.
or B. I work too long during the day. Because when we got home, it had burned itself all up.

So i was actually a little excited when I realized that my {not} hard work was all for nothing, and that another dinner needed to appear.
Two topping choices later, it appeared! What a wonderful mishap. Fall nights always seem to make pizza sound so much better! (and tapatio always makes pizza taste so much better)

And per Dave's request, our evening of pizza will be accompanied by some hot out of the oven dump cake.
If you've never tasted this simple dessert...you should!
Dump Cake:
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 can of pineapple chunks
1 yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter
"Dump" all the fruit into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. "Dump" dry cake mix on top of fruit. Melt the stick of butter, drizzle on top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or 375 for 40 mins.

I also started making our house more fallish.
I feel a little weird taking out the spooky door mat and cobwebs. So I started by putting out some candy corn and a yummy pumpkin spice scented candle. October first is my official day I can put out everything Halloween. I'm pretty excited!
Now I'll get back to searching for fabric to re-upholster my newly acquired wingback chair!! (next post will be about that).

4 comments:

Whitney Palmer said...

so i have a crock pot story....i decided to make ribs! well i put them in as directed and at the end of the day when the house smelled so yummy i could eat it, litterally the house, i pulled out about 2 bites each, after juices and bone! it seriously had just disappeared into nothing! AWHHHH.

now pizza sound good!

Sarah said...

That's so funny, my other ruined crock pot recipe was RIBS! They were burned to a crisp. At least you got to take a bite of yours! I think that crock pots aren't all they're made out to be...

whitney johnson said...

i've used a crock pot like twice before but it seriously scares me. but pizza is always a good option and dump cake??? YUM!!!! totally jealous of your night!

Unknown said...

I enjoy mixing it up with crushed pineapples. you forgot to mention the Tapatio.