January 1, 2010

life round here

December was buuuusy! I think we had an event every night the second week, and this past week with Christmas & New Years has felt the same! So, even though it is a bit late, I can't pass by the opportunity to blog about this....Yep, you guessed it! Dave was Santa. He braved the red suit and handed out presents to his brother Mike's GF Jenna's family Christmas party. (got that last part?) Dave was so kind and good with all the children and family! And of course, i got a little photo op with Santa at the end of the night! Christmas was great, we got to spend time with both our families. I was also able to take a few days off this week, which started out with a very busy Monday! I was off and decided to grab a manicure before a scheduled appointment for our new FRIDGE was delivered between 1 & 3. I was pulling into Ralphs to grab some burger makings to feed the missionaries that night, when the delivery guys called. EARLY! I mean, really, who ever has their appliances delivered early?! So i made a U turn, dashed home, and as I was frantically unloading my old fridge, get two calls from Katie...hmmm...I thought i should take it seeing as how she was due on the 4th with baby #3. I answer the phone and said "Are you having a baby?" to which she answered..."I HAD a baby!" She had delivered about an hour before! So i filled up my new fridge, and dashed to Whittier to see both of them! Mallory Jackman is gorgeous, and was so mellow while I held her! I can't wait to get over there soon and see her again! The rest of the week has been just as busy.
We rang in the new year with some great friends we've made since moving to RSM. We ate dinner in San Clemente and played a little poker with the group at Kirk & Chelsea's house. It was so much fun to be with all the couples, and thanks Schillings for hosting!!
So here's to 2010!
Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
-Oprah Winfrey-

1 comments:

Whitney Palmer said...

Wow! I didnt even know Katie was pregnant!