January 8, 2012

Christmas in January

I may be late, but I thought we'd take a little look back at Christmas! Per usual routine, we did Christmas Eve celebrations with Dave's family at Grandmas. Since we got there before everyone else, she had me help her knead and braid her famous Zupfe (a swiss) bread. Seriously, a one-on-one lesson on how she works her magic is a big deal. Now I just need to learn how to make the bread itself. Minor details.
The famous braid

Kneading away

Dad & Shelbs on Christmas Eve



Aunt Rach & Uncle Mikey
Christmas morning we came back to Grandmas to do the Christmas morning ritual. Picture on the stairs, look at our Santa presents, open presents, breakfast with Zupfe toast, ham, cheesy eggs and homemade hot cocoa. All tradition, all yummy. 


 We came home, got ready, went to church, and hurried back to our place to host my first "Moore" Christmas! Mom, Dad and Aunt Chrissy came over,we had appetizers, opened stockings, had a yummy ham dinner. Of course, presents came after, where we we're showered with love.
The face of uncertainty 

The face of happiness

Grandpa & Grandma love
It was a wonderful Christmas, spent with those we love. Seeing Shelby celebrate for the first time was great-and I look forward to next year when she can be even more "involved". 

1 comments:

whitney johnson said...

YAY for family time on Christmas! looks like such a wonderful time...and when you learn how to make that bread you'll have to give me a one-on-one lesson too. bread is definitely not my specialty! :)