March 14, 2011

Nursery decor...

Oh my. Decisions, decisions. Since the day after we found out we are having a girl, i've been thinking about nursery decor. I have criteria to start with.
There will be the following:
  • No Characters. Of any kind. No Winnie the Pooh, no Princesses. No thank you.


  • Not much pink, and even less purple...


  • A comfy upholstered chair. Not a la-z-boy. But one that gldes/rocks and maybe swivels.


  • A dresser that Dave needs to re-finish with new hardware.
I found these curtains at Z Gallery, and am thinking 'jumping off point'? And the lamp in the photo?...Love it...and found it on overstock.com...
Storytime, Best Chair glider. It was SO comfy! (In another fabric)

An ABC print from Etsy...

Now i just need to find some CUTE white crib bedding, or a pattern that will compliment the decor...any ideas?

9 comments:

Emily said...

So cute! I love it all! I'd suggest finding the bedding first then figure out curtains. : ) Can't wait to meet her.

Abby said...

I like the curtains and I totally agree on the no characters thing. Yuck. I don't even like them on baby clothing let alone room decor.

Bedding is so hard! And even harder if you don't want to spend like $500 on it, which I don't and can't. Let me know what you find!

whitney johnson said...

i love the idea of white bedding. do you guys have a sewing machine??? you could get crazy and try to find a tutorial online and make it yourself?? and that etsy print is way cute :)

Emily said...

My sister just told me there is a guy down at the swap meet that has custom stuff or bedding to buy and walk away with. Super cute. She has his info...I'll fwd it to you.

Sarah said...

Abby: I agree. No characters on clothes! Ick. (no offense character lovers...)And we don't have the $$ to spend on the expensive bedding i've liked so far either :(

Emily: I went to the swapmeet last weekend. I looked at his bedding, didn't find too much i likes. I'm thinking white? If not, then i'll have to change up my plan. There are TONS i found on Etsy...but they are all about $250 (which seems the norm, but makes Dave FLIP!) haha.

Whitney: Wanna help me try to make some? haha

La said...

Sarah I love your ideas. Just a thought though, white bedding will not be white for long! Babies are kinda messy after all!

King Klan said...

I like it all but if you don't need a lamp I'd pass on it. Once she starts crawling and walking she'll pull it over on herself but that is just the practical side of me

Unknown said...

I thought about doing a white eyelet baby bedding set, and ended up buying one I liked by Jojo designs. I decided on something else, because I thought white might be too hard to keep clean looking.I think ours was like 180ish? maternityandbabyshoppingmart.com

Unknown said...

Oh ps.. I'm so there with you.. I HATE characters, on clothes, on walls, on bedding uh-ah not for me!