March 17, 2010

it must be the weather...

i've got decorating on the brain again! i think it's the weather. and the time change. i love that i can get off work at 6 in the evening, get home closer to 6:45, and it's still light enough for me to do things! i can water the plants (not that i have, because we have sprinklers on timers...but i've been thinking about it!) i want to paint our guest bedroom queen bed white, and distress it. and of course, with thoughts of painting, come thoughts of lamps, art on the walls, and all the knick knacks. then thoughts of white furniture lead to thoughts of white kitchen cabinets...like this


(i don't have the source)


(from caitlin wilson design)

my dark kitchen would just be so much more airy and fresh!
well, i think this week i'll get started on the guest bed, so i'll keep you updated!

5 comments:

Abby said...

I LOVE that first kitchen photo. White kitchens are the best--timeless and pretty!

whitney johnson said...

I love the white kitchen cabinets! I'd like to think we could pull something like that off with our kitchen, but our "white" is more like "dirty cream" and we have no windows! :)

Unknown said...

I know what you mean! I have been in decorating mode too lately! I love having more day light I get so much more done!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K+C=M+K said...

the top kitchen is my fav. I love it! Those dark floors with the white cabinets- beautiful. You should do it:)